Thursday, January 3, 2019

Beer Fest 2018


This post is actually a continuation of the Garden By The Bay 2018 post. Sorry for the delay. Hope I get to finish my story this time round. So after my reflective walk around the garden after attending my 2nd interview at my new job place, I headed for the Beer Festival 2018. My husband has gotten me an extra ticket for the event which he was attending with his colleagues. Since it was free, why not go experience something new. Be open minded! That was my motto.


Luckily everything was quite well marked on how to get to the arena. It was a super hot day, and the idea of drinking beer in hot Singapore wasn't really something I look forward to unless the beer is super chilled! 

We each get a band to wear on our hand. This allows you to go in and out the arena as well. And the small plastic card there is actually a wearable electronic wallet, which I thought was rather cool Each entry allows you to redeem 1 beer. I also top up mine with SGD30 cause NETS was giving some phone camera accessories for free if you top up with NETS. Gotta support my excolleague parent company.


I have actually booked two beer workshop to attend. My husband joint me for both, but his colleagues seems bored with it. The first workshop was a lot more fun where an Australian beer company keep handing out free beer for us to try and gave a talk on their beer farm in Australia. The 2nd one was rather dull as it started out late, ended after 15minutes, and no beer tasting! Boo! All the workshop was held at this beautiful glass house like Spirit House. They actually also have comedy night, but you have to pay another SGD20 to attend. Boo!


After the workshop, we headed for the food tents. There were a few tents around, but it was so crowded. And the food was kinda expensive as well. Pay  money in order to pay MORE money. Great concept. 


Above is what one of the bigger tent looked like. Luckily they are air conditioned. But it was kinda hard to get a seat as it was so crowded, and so many tipsy people everywhere. The best thing about this place was, everyone was tipsy after a while and everyone is just super friendly. I guess this is what being high in a festival feels like. I kinda like it. 


I managed to find the Japanese craft beer which I have been eyeing on Facebook. They have tasting menu, so my husband got one and we just try. You can customise the tasting variety, which was kinda cool. 


We had extra money leftover as we didn't eat much, and you can only drink so much beer. So I got these two craft beer to-go. I love the graphic on the beer bottle, and the yuzu beer isn't half bad either. But they cost me SGD12 each! Which is super expensive! My favourite fruit beer only cost SGD7! But till this day, I still kept the bottle in my kitchen for a single flower to grace it from time to time. 

So that was how I ended my day after my 2nd interview. Drunk! Little did I know, I managed to get the job! After almost one month of waiting! I was so happy! But now, two months in, well.... I am really really targeting for my early retirement cause my project looks like a dead end to me.... Oh well. Read on for THE DAY of my resignation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments