Saturday, January 20, 2018

Hanoi - Lunch Break at Sapa Day 2

21-Nov-2017, Sapa - Since today's hike was rather relaxing after dragging my guide into the river water with me the day before, we reached our midway point quite early, around 1030am. So we decided to have an early slow lunch at this small home restaurant located at the crossroad of a small village. Above is what the 2nd floor where we were seated look like. You'll be grad to know, they have free Wi-fi here! So we weren't bored at all just sitting here waiting for our lunch.


So basically what we did was ordered coffee (duh) while waiting for lunch, and sat next to the window over looking the village crossroad. There was a school nearby cause I keep seeing kids running around outside. Some who look as young as twelve were also riding motorcycles and ferrying their friends as well! We also find it amusing to watch tourist tracking through. This is call people watching! A fine art I have learned to appreciate and can keep me entertain for hours. 


Finally lunch arrived! It was chicken fried noodles! It was also delicious although I still prefer the lunch from the previous day. But I love these ee fu mee kind of noodles and grew quite addicted to it in my stay in Vietnam. So much so that I would eat plates of it if it was served in the hotel breakfast. And if not, I get kinda disappointed. Maybe I should buy some home and try cooking them. They are really fragrant and delicious. Bananas were provided as dessert. 


Here's a coffee-high picture of me. They serve the coffee black, and provided a small serving of condense milk so that you can adjust how much you like it. What I did was remember the condense milk they use, and actually bought some back from the supermarket when we were in Hanoi! I still have them at home. My husband have already finished his, but I haven't made a single Vietnamese coffee since I came back yet as I wanted to purge all the caffeine and alcohol from my body first! Lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments