Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Coffee Variety Pack and Other Inspirations


It's approaching the Christmas Season again as I restart my daily blogging. I saw the above ad on my Facebook feed and thought it was such a nice gift to give myself for Christmas. From time to time, one feels like pampering one self, especially when one is feeling down, emo, or depress. But although the Christmas pack looks tempting, it cost around SGD50 for 24 packs of drip coffee! That's almost SGD2 per pack/cup! More expensive than my Coffee Bean Capsule Espresso! 


Well no problem! As if the bigger force was at play, I found myself visiting the 100AM Don Don Donki store in Tanjong Pagar last Saturday. And as I was browsing through the aisle, I came across this special "Thank You" pack of UCC coffee that has a variety of drip coffee inside! Hang on Cordy, isn't that same as what you've wanted for Christmas? Minus the cute Christmasy packaging and all. And this pack only cost around SGD10 for 12 packs! That's less than 1SGD per pack, and cheaper than my Coffee Bean Capsule Espresso which is my benchmark for home DIY coffee price! So without much hesitation (except circulating the aisle one round), I decided to give myself a "Thank You" coffee treat. 

I went home kinda happy. I wanted to get myself something nice for all the stress I have been putting myself through. Maybe coffee may not calm my nerves, but I do enjoy drinking it. And recently, I've been pretty much into coffee  infused water, a lighter kind of coffee concept I got from Korea. UCC coffee is from Japan, and they don't really make the thickest espresso coffee either. So here's hoping that it will suit my palate. I went home and open up the package, and it does have 12 packs inside. But instead of 2 each of 6 variety, there were like 2 unique solo coffee which looks like they may be a bonus or premium flavour.... I didn't mind. I just wanted to try different flavour of coffee for fun. Maybe I could even consider sharing the duplicate ones with people I like.... 


So in summary, I ended up only having 7 different variety of coffee. And although my Japanese is limited, I can roughly tell that they consist of: Moca, Brazil something, Zambia something, Charcoal roasted, Colombia something, Kilimanjaro something, and Premium something.... Lol. Maybe my taste bud would do a better job and tasting them. Will probably go make a cup later to drink and eat with my Japanese Chocolate spring roll cake. Today is pampering me day!


I also decided to splur on my shopping while I was at Don Don Donki, and decided to buy this Orange Black Tea that looked so refreshing in the chiller section. It cost SGD2++, but the thought of orange black tea was just too hard to resist. I needed to pamper myself by pumping in insane amount of caffeine into my blood stream! Well, I finally opened it today after dinner to taste it, and ended up finishing the whole bottle in one sitting. It was refreshing as expected. And even though it contained sugar, it wasn't overpowering. Would definitely buy again as part of my cheapskate indulgence!


And as if all that wasn't enough, I also stopped by Tampines Hub today (11-Nov Single's Day!), and bought myself a Spinelli Cold Brew Soft Serve Ice Cream. It cost me SGD4.20, but I would go back again in future! It was delightful! Coffee taste in every lick and mouthful. Plus the cone was delicious too. I spend half an hour on my own in the shop just enjoying this alone. It was like finding yourself in a small little heaven on a lousy weekend. 

OK. I'll stop here for today. To keep the daily blogging momentum going, I need to start blogging of random stuff first before tackling all those heavy weight travelling post! Stay tune!

Ref:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments