Saturday, July 4, 2026

Danang/Hue/HoiAn 2025 - Hoi An First Morning and Breakfast at Emerald Riverside Resort

On our first morning there, my friend decided to sleep in while I decided that I wanted to go out and take a look at Hoi An in the early morning without the tourist crowd. I think I was out by 6am? First thing I wanted to do was explore the hotel area. It was called Emerald Riverside Resort, so I wanted to go and see the riverside. 



It was just a short distance away from our room. There was no actual boundary or security anywhere. It lead directly to the river. There were some photo spots around, and coconut trees swaying by the riverside. 


This Love structure here reminded me so much of my time in Kampung Agong. It was a typical photo spot for people. I always think such things are so cheesy. I wanted to see authentic stuff, not man made structures built for no other reasons than for photo shots!


I saw some movement on the grass. I don't really know what to expect, but I saw a crab moving around on the grass. Can you spot it on the photo above? It's just a tiny small crab, and I guess it's a river crab? I've never seen something like that before, so that was fun!


The view to the right side of the river as above. I know that there is another result further down the which was more expensive and higher class perhaps. But I was dead set on staying at Emerald lol. I bet my friend was wondering why I pick such a shabby hotel resort. Perhaps I felt more comfortable here than if I were to stay in a high class resort where things can be more superficial?


This is the view from the riverside looking towards our hotel. The building right in front would be the hotel lobby area which was strangely on the 2nd floor. Our room was on the ground floor on the building on the right of the photo. And right in the middle area is the pool which I was planning to at least soak in, but ended up not even entering it.....


Here is the view of the pool. It was still early, so it was empty. There was a staff cleaning the area too. Later in the day, right up to the evening, there are usually guest swimming in it. It is rather lovely. 


Walking inwards, this is the view just outside the breakfast area looking out towards the river. 


And this here is what our room building looked like. It wasn't a double storey. No. Our room was on the ground floor with direct access to the pool. It was really relaxing to be here. I spent quite a lot of time sitting out at the small balcony area, especially during rainy days. Even when it's raining, I still enjoy my holidays. 


The corridors around the hotel. From our main room door, to get around to the dining area or lobby or going out, we use the corridor and I just love the emerald and white lantern. It's such a classic combination!


And here is what our breakfast place looked like. There were white water lilies growing all over the small pond all around the dining area. The pond and its colour goes so well with the emerald white theme of the whole place. It was just heavenly. You could sit indoor or outdoor for breakfast. Us being Asians, we always sit indoor.


Here is our table and our breakfast. It's a buffet, and we ate there 3 days! Lovely! The below breakfast photos were taken after I came back around 8am and joint my friend for breakfast. After exploring the riverside, I actually went on a solo walk of the small town early in the morning. You can read more about it on the next few post. 


I always load my plate with proteins and fibre as my first plate. 



And then my fruit dish. Lychee was in season. 


They also have yogurts and you could add condensed milk and fruit bits into it. I got quite addicted to the yogurt and ate it daily.,lol. I think it's because of the condensed milk though. I love condensed milk on anything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments