Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Danang/Hue/HoiAn 2025 - Hoi An Hokkien Clan Temple (3/3)

 

More lovely doors! I am obsess with such lovely doors!



Tiles and doors. I guess my photos speaks louder than my words here. 


Small corner of the clan house. People used to use it for gathering, for places to come and gossip maybe? Discuss business or family affairs.


Halls for maybe gathering? Studying? Ceremony? To be frank, I've never belong to any clan officially before! Mainly cause my families are all English speaking, and we have kinda forgotten our roots after settling in Malaysia for generations..... We have all these there, but we aren't really a part of it as maybe someone who is more active in these circle.


More lovely ring incense.


I don't really know why I have so many of these photos. Lol.

More lovely doors.

Soon I think we came to the temple part of the building. My friend is seen here praying. 

The altars for the Gods or deities are a lot more elaborated. 

I think this is near the Mazu altar. Love the tiles in blue. 

For sea crossing immigrants, Mazu the sea goddess is greatly worship for good weather and smooth sailing. She is found almost in every country that has immigrant south Chinese people, mainly Hokkien.


Mazu herself (I think....)


Even the ship has it's own altar! Smooth sailing!


At the back of the building, another small courtyard where another fountain exist. This one was special.


It was a dragon fountain! 


And so me as a dragon, got to have my photo taken with the dragon. It was nice to know that I belong at the very inner part of this old building. As if the dragon is so precious it has to be hidden away and kept in their own courtyard! I like that. I like to have my own inner part of the house for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments