The museum has two storeys, and you could just walk up the old wooden stairs and look out the balcony! I know this a ceramic museum, but somehow, the building itself became the highlight of our visit! Because it was a great vantage point to take a photo of the old streets below! So don't miss it!
The upstairs was pretty bare as well, but it was great for me because everything was made of dark wood, and when the lights shined in from the open windows, it was just haunting to be there. It looked like those old kampung houses I see in my Lat comics when I was young of houses in the Malaysian Village. Only, this one was a lot modern and advance compared to those Kampung Boy houses.
One of the thing that caught my attention was how high their worship altar was! Someone must have had to climb up daily, maybe once or twice a day for prayers! Must be good exercise! But this design does save a lot of space from the floor area!
There is a evacuation map that shows the building layout which I thought was interesting. It does a good job to show you how the whole building looks like.
More small ceramics were also displayed at the second floor.....
But really, the view was the most lovely thing to see here. This is the view from the second floor looking down to my lovely tea corner at the courtyard below! I wish people still build buildings like these. It's just so lovely! Or maybe it's just me who can't afford to own such a lovely building..... lol
Imagine having your family staying in such a house. People can just shout across to each other since there was probably no phone during those days! And you could see each other from a far too! It was so open, yet so private cause everything was still, technically, inside your own house!
The high up altar all in red. I understand that there are a lot of historical flooding that happens in Hoi An. We will go into that when we reach the entry on one of the old houses, but to have the altar this high on the second floor????
Our favourite photo spot upstairs was this balcony. It was quite narrow, yet so pretty! I love the indigo blue on the wall. It reminded me very much of the Blue Mansion in Penang. And right outside was the busy streets of Hoi An. You could just stand there and watch all the activities of the town vibe below without leaving your house! Oh man! What an introvert's dream house!
The view of the town below....
It looked even more dreamy when you add the blue walls and a red lantern into the photo! Postcard perfect!
Lastly, before we left, we exit from one of the small corridor after the gift shop. I though it was rather cute with the vespa parked there, so I took this photo of the scene we passed by :) This looked so very local Vietnamese, making me recall those small corridors I walked into when I went exploring on my own in HCM City once :) Good memories :)












No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments