Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Danang/Hue/HoiAn 2025 - Hoi An Museum of Trade and Ceramic (1/2)

We reached our second attraction just down the road, after all the window shopping. It was the Museum of Trade and Ceramic. I selected this place because I have a soft spot for ceramic and thought I would be able to see a lot of beautiful ceramics here. The building it self was part of the old buildings that lined the shopping streets of the small town. 

Here are some official information of the place. 

The first hall started with how ceramic made it's way to Vietnam, and specifically to Hoi An. It was pretty much Chinese influences, although I was hoping that there would be some Japanese elements to it, since they do have a very famous Japanese Bridge in the middle of the town! The museum was actually quite bare and spacious. It was pretty cooling once you stepped inside, which was a good thing.

There was a certificate framed up to state that this was a cultural heritage place. And yes, Hoi An itself is a UNESCO heritage place too!

 

There were some small ceramics on displayed on the first floor. Nothing fancy. Seems more like things found on shipwreck, similar to what you might see in the Asian Civilisation Museum in Singapore. 


As per all old building's design, there was internal courtyard inside the building. This is my favourite part of the house whenever I enter such building. It's just so nice to have an indoor garden with natural light right inside your own house! And they have converted it into a sitting area. There was even a corner set up for tea drinking. I personally wish to spend all my time at such courtyard if I ever own an old building like this!


The cosy corner sitting area.


And this was my favourite, for tea drinking It was just so cosy! I can imagine myself seated here everyday, reading my books and drinking tea while enjoying the sunlight. There would be lovely plants and maybe even some water features (with NO mosquitoes) surrounding the area! That would be so wonderful! I am always day dreaming to myself :P


One photo is just not enough!


Here's me with the little tea set too! I adore this lovely space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments