Sorry for the sudden break in the blog entry. Somehow things became too much and too repetitive that I just had to step back a while. I realised that so many entries went out with just photos for almost more than a month now. Let me slowly try to make my way back. Just as I continue on this entry of my first solo walk in Hoi An after visiting their wet market. I remembered that I had to hurry back to have breakfast with my friend who was still in the hotel room.....
It was still early, maybe 7am? 730am? So the streets were still relatively quiet. It was also quite cooling which makes a nice walk back to the hotel. I chose to walk by the river side back so that I can see a different view of the town.
The roads were definitely wider by the river. It was still lined with shops that has yet to open. But their deco promises a lovely ambiance, especially if they were a restaurant or a cafe. I am thinking to myself, this must be the higher end of the small town, kinda like the main street.
On my right walking back were the buildings, but on the left were the river and neatly parked boats. These boats give rides to tourist at night and are lighted up. But in the morning, nobody is here yet. So everything is parked nearly by the side. There were so many of them!
It's like there are more boats than people!
I guess it was a huge industry. I guess you could also take the boats to other parts of Hoi An. But all I ever saw were tourist taking them out at night to make a wish in a river of coloured lanterns. I guess the brown water river also looked nicer at night when it's just black in colour.
As I looked back from time to time, I can see the sun rising, and the clouds clearing up to show some blue in the sky I hope it was going to be a beautiful day. We were planning our own DIY tour of the ancient town.
Here's a photo of me with the boat. I was all dressed up ready to explore the town. It's quite pretty here, and all the girls dressed up so nicely for photo taking. I had put on my floral blouse for the day too, wanting to look pretty among the lovely small town.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments