While walking to our next attraction, we kinda got distracted by all the lovely shops that was starting to open up in the town area. Something about rustic old shops with bright signs attracts us in. So it took lomger than expected for us to get to our next tourist spot!
We didn't visit every shop, only those that we found interesting. It just so happens, there are many! So here are some of the highlighted ones.
Again love the personalised lantern of Hoi An! And I love their red flags hanging everywhere too. The colours really goes well with the yellow buildings and dark brown building pillars! Needless to say, lanterns are sold almost everywhere here. You can also take a class to learn how to make your own, and I guess you can paint anything on them!
Saw this cute "Tired City" one in the shop and thought of my friend back home who is forever tired of life ...
I also loved this pretty little minty green shop that sold jewelries. I mean, it was just so beautiful! Green and brown, just like the forest! Haha. Everything here just calms my nerves! Except for the price. For some reason everything is priced as USD.
I am thinking they conduct workshops here too? Lovely spacious place inside the shop.
The shop layout is kinda like those shop houses you find in Penang or Malacca where it just goes in and in and in. From the shop front, you can never imagine how huge the shop is until you walked inside.
So many lovely things! And the small indoor garden inside.
I think it's the open concept and the greeneries indoor that I love about this. If I have my dream home, I would have large plants inside it. But I need someone to help me water them when I'm travelling. So as for now, I try not to have too many plants at home.
It's so private from the outside crowd. I think they sell drinks here too.
Ceramic shops was also another thing I like here. But I didn't bought any home. They weren't really cheap. Maybe everything on this road is just tourist price.
There are some of the ones that I did like. 220k VND. That's almost more than 10SGD for a small piece! I mean, I could get better Japanese pottery at that price surely!
These coasters were really pretty too. Again, it wasn't cheap.... Gone are the days of cheap souvenirs in South East Asia! Granted these might be locally made, and with better quality. But a souvenir is still a souvenir. Unless they have special meaning or usage, it was kinda hard for me to part with my money. ..
I love these drip coffee set. However, I already have a special one which I got on my first business trip to HCM. It was a lot finer than these too. And that one has a special meaning, cause it was my friend who asked me to buy it and went with me to the shop to get it :)
Chocolates. Marou chocolates are lovely, but also expensive.
Some leather bags and gong. I was in the look out for leather products as I heard you can customised anything here.
Ah, finally, after almost an hour of window shopping, we almost arrived at our second attraction. The above photo was not it. The above was the Cantonese Clan House. As me and my friend were Hokkien, we wanted to visit the Hokkien Clan House. But! That turns out to be our third attraction, cause the Ceramic Museum was nearer and was in the list of places I wanted to visit :P

















No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments