Saturday, September 7, 2024

Siem Reap - First Day Walking Around

On our brief walk on our first evening, we came across a few international schools around the area, especially this huge American International School. Is that why most people here speaks English so well? I love that they have the local statue as part of their main gate welcoming feature. 

 

We also came across a huge supermarket and went in to explore. Lots of things were on sale, but all the prices were in USD. Things weren't exactly cheap. I didn't buy anything as I wasn't sure if I have enough cash for the trip. I wanted to buy the Amok spice paste, but it was almost 1.50USD! 

My husband did get this local beer to try. It was nice, kinda like shandy. But after this, we actually went into a craft beer shop, and wow, you could really taste the difference between the two beers!


Above the craft beer shop which happens to be just next to our hotel. It was opened by a German guy (I think). We actually met him when he stopped by after his boxing session and chatted a while. 


The made the beer in-house, and it was interesting to see all the equipment in the shop.


Each bottle of beer cost around 3USD. Below are the three they recommended. We tried the yellow bottle one, and it was delicious! Fruity and refreshing. However, I didn't react too well to it, so my face was all red with just a few sip. Still, it was a good evening to start off our short trip. It was the raining season in Cambodia, so I was gonna try to go to Angkor Wat as earlier in the trip as possible. Angkor Wat was the only bucket list item I have to checked off in this trip. Nothing else matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments