Thursday, September 5, 2024

Siem Reap - A Last Minute Impromptu Trip

 

After my Alor Setar trip with my friend, I decided to join him to Siem Reap as I've always wanted to visit Angkor Wat. It was a very impromptu trip as I booked my flight on Monday 5-Aug-2024, and flew off on Wednesday 7-Aug-2024. The flight itself was rather expensive as I needed to be back by Sunday 11-Aug-2024 since I have agreed with my cousins to go out with them on 12-Aug-2024. But since, if not now, then when? It was hard enough to find anyone who wanted to go Cambodia! So on 7-Aug-2024 morning, I found myself in the Penang Airport and wondering how to enter the domestic departure gate! Lol. Yeah, this was actually my first time flying domestic from Penang. I was surprised that they have better shops inside the departure hall, and a big Old Town Coffee inside. Why like dat!


I flew Air Asia, taking the same flight as my friend, and transiting at KLIA. It was also my first time in KLIA, lol. I had high expectation, but boy was I disappointed. The transit area that I went through was utterly boring. My husband actually met me inside the airport, as he has decided to join me since I've already paid for the hotel. If only I know free lodging was all it took for him to go to Angkor Wat with me, I would have gone earlier! 


Above the gate at KLIA as we waited to board our connecting flight to Siem Reap. 

After touching down, there were some confusion on how to fill in the electronic entry form.  Once that was done, we waltzed through immigration, and out into the arrival hall. I was selected to do the Grab booking, and happily booked a tuk-tuk for the 3 of us. Luckily we all had just a backpack, and the seat was just enough for all of us to squeeze in. And what a ride it was! Almost an hour to Siem Reap, through the country side and highway, thru rain and shine! I love Cambodia already! The tuk-tuk ride alone made my day and welcome me into this beautiful country with it's friendly people. Yup, I fell in love with Siem Reap at first sight :)


My friend booked us a nice hotel slightly off the main road, and quite a distance away from Siem Reap River where all the touristy market was. Frankly, I like this quiet hotel a lot more than the 2nd one, even though it was quite far from everything else. It was quiet and relaxing.


It even had a beautiful pool just outside our room. Sadly I was having my delightful time of the month and can't really wander into the inviting waters. But on the whole, I love this hotel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments