Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Siem Reap - Angkor National Museum Part 2


There is only one cool thing worth seeing in the whole museum, and that is the beautiful sandstone carving. Note that this is just my personal opinion. The benefit of the museum is, you can see these carving all cleaned up, and well, at eye-level! At Angkor Wat, some of the carvings are either high up on the roof, or way down low, or at some weird corner you can't get too. Too dark, too difficult to see? No problem. Come to the museum, pay a high price and see them nicely displayed here! Above was taken at the jewelry hall cause I like the gold leaf tree behind the statues.....


So, stone carving. Don't you think these looks rather Egyption like? Gah. Maybe I should go visit Egypt one of these days and confirm that once and for all!


Back to the carving. Look at this ridiculously detailed carving of I'm-not-quite-sure-what. Someone must have taken a long time to make this, right? But why? What was the purpose of it?


So many detailed carving here. 


Some in circular design too. 


I'm not gonna describe them all.


I just want to post them here so that these photos of mine are not lost.


And that I can remember all these beautiful work I once saw. All these beautiful work that someone once worked on.


So much dedication and passion.....


And monkeys!

 

And so ends our post on the museum. Again. I would advice against visiting it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments