Saturday, October 5, 2024

Siem Reap - Ta Prohm Part 2

 

The temple of tree is not only filled with beautiful gigantic trees, but it also had some of the most beautiful sandstone carving we saw on that day. Above is one of my favourite. Love the carving of the statue always reaching out into the sky. What with the bright blue skies behind as a backdrop, and the green leaves in front.... Totally in love with it.


A wall of carving of monks/arahant sitting in meditation.


And of course, my favourite dancers. What is special about this place is, the moss that grows around it. Kinda made it more spiritual. I love moss on stones. It could be from my trip over the years in Japan, but I just love the sign of moss. To me it's like a sign of magic from nature :)


More elaborated carvings.


And in one of the rooms, there was a pile of money placed on top of a pile of rocks...


Just as we were leaving the place, at a side path I saw this gigantic tree with no queue in front of it.  I went and stood there looking up for scale. Love how the trunks seemed to fold where I was standing. 


So as luck would have it, I had my photo taken with a Ta Prohm tree after all! Just me and the tree, with no tourist around! What fate! The Khmer Gods has been kind to me this day, and this trip.


I love you tree! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments