Saturday, October 12, 2024

Siem Reap - Lunch At Olive Cuisine De Saison French Restaurant


Taking a break from all the temple post, here's one of a nice lunch we had at a nice French Restaurant here. After finding out that France used to be in charge of Cambodia, I immediately suggested that we look for French food to try here. We did the same in Vietnam and the Blue Tangerine was a pretty nice experience in Hanoi. The other few I tried in Ho Chin Min was not really worth mentioning..... Anyway, my husband found Olive Cuisine De Saison nearby, and since it had set lunch on offer, I said ok! Above is what the front of the restaurant looked like. 


We were seated inside, air con! We were the first customer, and was the only customer through out till just about leaving time, a single lady came in for lunch.


There were also outdoor sitting which looked pretty cool too. But nope, not in the heat, thank you!


The husband ordered a local beer, and it was served with olives and garlic! Nice touch! I immediately like the place already!


I ordered the set lunch, and the first course was burrata cheese salad. It came with freshly baked bread and butter. French bread in any French Restaurant is always top notched! Love it! I only ate two baskets full of bread in a restaurant in France. That was cause I didn't know they were going to refill the whole basket for me. Excellent service! Come to think of it, I think my favourite Spanish restaurant in Singapore once topped up my bread as well.... I absolutely love a good bread!


My husband ordered the lamb shank. It was served with a side of pasta. Both looked delicious. 


I ordered lamb rack that came with the set lunch. It was only one rack, accompanied by eggplant. The lamb was so juicy and tender! It was amazing! Easily one of the most delicious lamb rack I've ever tasted. 


For dessert, it was some pastry with strawberry cream. And as good service goes, they brought out two cutleries for me to share it with my husband. Excellent service. The only glaring thing that I was a bit sensitive to was when the service was geared more towards my husband. I hate it when they do that.


The total bill came up to 34.50USD. My set lunch was just 16USD, without tax or service charge! How awesome is that? I won't be able to get such a pricing for such a fine meal in Singapore! Actually, that was my pitch to get my husband to bring me to the French Restaurant. I told him we should eat it here in Cambodia where it was cheaper, cause now that we were both not working, we won't want to folk out extortion prices for fine dining in Singapore. Hahaha. Guess my pitch worked! Heck, it worked for two days in a row! This meal gave us such a good experience that we looked for another French Restaurant for lunch the very next day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments