Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Siem Reap - Siem Reap River

 

Finally we are hear to document about the Siem Reap River. I love walking along it. It connects the place we stayed to the museum, so we walked quite a large section of it. It's nice that it's shaded, and the walkway was quite comfortably wide. Various bridge connects it from one side to the other. The one above is from the first temple we went to, we had to cross over the river to get to the second temple (Wat Bo). 

I did not see the river at night time. I'm pretty sure it's lighted up too. We could see the wires and led lights anyway. I think I prefer to see it in the day time, with it's trees and dark green water. There were actually kids swimming in the river. Some fishing there. And many just sitting around it, drinking coffee or ice water sold by the vendors along the river. A very chill place to be.


I also saw some of the above at the river side. Do they just put these everywhere? Like it doesn't cost any money at all to make? How can you place such a beautiful stone so casually everywhere? Lol. 


A relaxing scroll up and down the river.


At one of the giant trees, we saw two hornbills! Two gigantic hornbills! I've seen hornbills before, lots of the in Pasir Ris Park in Singapore. But these in Siem Reap where huge! And so colourful too! Those in Singapore are just black and white, and act like crows these days. But here in Siem Reap, majestic!


Here is a video I took of the two birds :)


It was so hot that when I saw a couple eating some ice cream, I started looking for an ice cream vendor. What is cooler than eating an ice cream while walking besides the river? Ah, reminisce of my days in Hanoi lake. Ice cream instantly transform you into a kid again, and eating them under the hot sun is just one of life's simple joy :)


My coconut ice cream. The lady ask if I wanted nuts on top, yes please! The lady ask if I wanted condensed milk on top, yes please! I love coconut ice cream. I used to be able to get them for only 2.50rm from a stall at Midland Penang run by a thai lady. It had so many stuff in it, even bread! Sadly, the stall is no longer there.... 


As we walked nearer to the town area, we were looking for the night market. We came across the old bridge made of wood. Somehow I love this photo. Again, it reminded me of a place I've been to, and this time it was Florence....


We were too early for the night market. Nothing much was open yet. And looking at the things on sale, I wasn't really interested to try any of the food here. It was mostly fried, or thai dishes etc. I wanted traditional Cambodian food. 


Well, I did found my rotii here! Pratha with banana, condense milk, and here with chocolate too! I've been eating a lot of this at home, home made. And I wanted a taste of home, so I bought this, and it was kinda my dinner too :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments