Sunday, October 6, 2024

Siem Reap - Tuk Tuk Ride to Banteay Srei


Our next temple was Banteay Srei, which according to Chork, was quite far away. By this time, we were pretty tired, so taking a long ride on the tuk tuk sounds great for us! So we hopped on to the back of our Ferrari Tuk Tuk, and off we went. 


It was almost a 30minutes ride. My husband even took a nap along the way. Although I was also tired and sleepy, especially with the warm wind blowing in my face, I didn't want to miss anything along the ride there. And what a lovely ride! So much to see! And no walking required! Hahaha. Just sit and enjoy. Look at all the coconuts going by next to us!


There were road side stalls too. And a lot of them seems to sell BBQ chicken. There are platforms set up where you can sit and relax, with hammocks included for you to swing slowly while you nap. What a great way to take a lunch break! Or any break, really.


I even saw quite a few buffalos along the way, hiding in the muddy water from the afternoon heat. It reminded me of my adventure in Sapa Vietnam where I also saw buffalos like they were coming out from a Chinese brush painting, lol. 


But nothing beats the beautiful landscapes that we went through. Above, still within the Angkor Wat area, were some reservoir filled with water. Reflecting the blue sky, it made a beautiful photo in light blue.


But when you add a wider view, with all the clouds reflecting on the water, it made a mirror lake! Lovely isn't it. All these were taken from my ride on the tuk tuk! A very relaxing way to take photos!


Further away from Angkor Wat, were green paddy fields! So you get green photos like these.


And best were these young paddy fields, with still enough water to reflect the blue skies. Really, what more can you ask for in a ride to your next temple? Now admit it, who is the best tour guide that arranged these all for you? *hint hint*


Here is me and my hubby Jaxon at the back of the tuk tuk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments