Sunday, October 13, 2024

Siem Reap - Wat Bo

Continue on with more temple visit. I read up that Wat Bo was a famous temple in Siem Reap. I decided to come visit cause I also have a friend name Bo, although he is from Myanmar instead of Cambodia...Anyway, my husband with his GPS took me here. And although the GPS said this was Wat Bo, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Oh well. A temple is a temple, and it calls for us to go in and pay a visit and offer our respect. We actually walked pass this entrance a few times before going in. There was a man, maybe a beggar, seated at the gate initially. Maybe we might have freaked him out, cause we kept walking past him and talking in foreign languages :P 

Inside the temple ground, there were a few buildings scattered around. To call it a temple ground was a bit of an understatement. It actually felt more like a private estate? Like walking into a small village? Cause there wasn't really any boundaries. And people do live inside. There were also dogs around. 


There were a few grand halls that we saw. But we still had no idea which one was Wat Bo. But based on google GPS, we decide to climb one of the stairs to the second floor to explore.


I guess this was Wat Bo? Till this day, I am not sure :P  But there was nobody upstairs, so we just wandered in, sit around and looked at some of the old items displayed there. Yeah, I do make myself rather at home at religious homes. I don't know why that is. Except for maybe mosque. I don't go to mosque often enough cause I'm usually not allowed inside....


Back to the compound of the temple, you can actually walked all the way inside deeper and deeper.


We saw an ancient stone arch inside that looked like something from Angkor Wat's period. Cool!


We also saw many of these. Not sure if they are graves? They are definitely memorial stones as there are names and year engraved into them. I'm just not sure if urns etc are placed in them. Again, I wander around looking at all of these with comfort. 


Wandering outside, there was a Buddhist school next door, and above is the decoration on the walls of the school. I love that there are pink flowers just above it, and the sun shinning though, so I snapped some photos of it. 


Here is a more closed up look. There were little monks running around, kids, probably teenager. I didn't take any photos of them. They looked rather friendly and cute. Just regular kids going to school.


There was also this Buddhist statue inside the temple ground, a small garden craved out for some calm and coolness. I love it here. I love the beautiful trees behind it. I think we came back to this spot a few times while still confirming if we were indeed, at Wat Bo, lol.


Anyway, it wasn't a waste. It's never a waste when you get lost travelling. It's just part of the journey. 
And so we left Wat Bo to make our way to the museum. A different carving greeted us at the same gate. I like how there is a different view when you enter vs when you leave. Bye bye Wat Bo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments