Thursday, October 10, 2024

Siem Reap - Town, Second Hotel and Dinner

We actually changed hotel the next day. Since I don't have much else planned, we had a lazy slow morning, enjoying our breakfast till almost 10am before booking a grab to our next hotel, Golden Butterfly. When we arrived, we were given a welcome drink and snacks and a cold towel. Nice. But what I really wanted was to just dump our bags so that we can go explore. Lucky for us, our room was available, so we were able to check in early. 

This is the front of the hotel. It was off the main road actually, through a small alley. There are no lift, so you had to walk up to your rooms. I didn't mind. I've stayed in an apartment on the 7th floor with no lift before in France. This was nothing!

 

Entrance to the hotel has some IndoChim kinda water feature, which made it looked cool.

And the receptionist area was beautifully decorated. 

In front of the receptionist area was the dining area, or cafe. Coffee and tea and hot water was provided, but not cold water. Luckily there was a fridge in the room. I realised that I'm pretty addicted to cold water. 


The hotel was quite nicely decorated. Yet somehow, I like the hospitality, or the lack of it, from the first hotel better. I felt  more comfortable there. In the second hotel, I felt like I was always being watched. And the staff just tried too hard to please. I guess some would call it good service? But I just felt uncomfortable through out. Maybe cause I didn't feel that they were genuinely nice? It was a very forced nice-ness. Lol. Hard to explain. 


The hotel was nearer to where all the tourist were, mainly the Siem Reap River. Lots of cheesy structure and stores and restaurant everywhere. Rather touristy. Compare that to the quiet neighbourhood of the first hotel, you can see why I preferred the first place.


We walked pass Pub Street in the day time. I don't really like drinking places. The place looked like it was build to cater to just tourist, mainly western tourist. Nope, not my kind of place or people! We actually had a reservation at a French Restaurant and was making our way there. We also planned to visit some temple and hopefully, spend the hot afternoon in an aircon museum! Well, you will see how that goes!


But skipping ahead, I had dinner just outside our hotel cause the heat of the place left me pretty tired to go anywhere else. I was also dehydrated and missed my tuk tuk driver with his ice cool water. Just wanted something soupy and light to end the day. So I had a kind of bakso noodles before calling it a day. The detail for the rest of the day will be coming up in the coming post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments