Friday, August 9, 2024

NotSoSolo Trip Bangkok (June 2024) - Hua Hin Food at Night Market and Patio Old Town

 

There are 3 night markets near our hotel. And we visited all of them. I specifically like the one with the most food! There were souvenirs being sold too, but I wasn't interested in those, so you won't find any photos of those here. Actually, it's just food photos here! Lol!


I actually had a list of things I wanted to eat at the night market, and this custard bun was one of them. Can you believe it, 100baht for 5! That's 4sgd for 5! Recently I bought 2 for 2sgd at the market near my house in Penang! 


The lady selling it put all the fillings in these beautiful enamel container, and that kinda enhanced the experience of buying it from her. Here's a fun fact. I don't like sugar. In fact, just before I even took up baking, I don't have sugar in my home, cause I don't use them. I don't like my tea or coffee with sugar either. I don't even like sweets. But I do love cakes, desserts, and all the sinful good stuff. I don't even know why there is a difference in treatment. But white sugar? Sweets? No thank you. I don't like that it sticks to my teeth after eating them. But cakes, desserts don't do that. Maybe cause I drink a non-sugary drink after that, lol.


I also tried rotii, which is just pancake with bananas and eggs, drizzled with condensed milk. I love these so much that I bought a tube of condensed milk and started making them at home using a frozen pratha. They are super delicious!!!! I love cooked bananas!


For dinner, we decided to have it a Patio Old Town Night Market, mainly cause all the food stalls were gathered in a square here, and there were ample tables and chairs, and the place was super clean too.


One of the entrance into Patio Old Town via the shops area. I kinda thought the feel of the place was nice. It wasn't exactly authentic Thai. It was very much hipster yuppy vibe. 


We all went to get food to share after agreeing on what to settle for. But I just had to get a bowl of the southern Thai curry egg noodle to try. Only my Singaporean friend shared this with me. Ya. My Thai friend is non-spicy.......


Here's a clearer look of the noodle. I got the pork version of it, and the pork was super tender! Love love love this! I suspect I just love any gravy that has coconut milk in it.


My friend also requested for fresh coconut water, so I got her one.


And I got two servings of coconut ice cream for me and my friends to share. I love these. There used to be a stall in One-Stop Midlands in Penang that sells this, and it only cost 2.50rm. Later on it cost 4rm. And now, I can't even find it any more :(  So I always eat one whenever I am in Thailand, whether it's in Bangkok, Hua Hin, or Hatyai.


Here's a view of all the food we ordered, mostly to share. There was bbq pork rice, crab fried rice, pad thai, and mango salad. 


Happy Ladies Night Out @ Patio Old Town, Hua Hin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments