Saturday, August 10, 2024

NotSoSolo Trip Bangkok (June 2024) - Breakfast@HuaHin and Check-in to Ibis Bangkok

 

The local hotel came with breakfast, so we made our way downstairs for our breakfast at around 8am. It was quite a nice spread, and we had it outside the hotel, seated looking out into the street of the alley where the hotel was at. Above also came with coffee or tea or orange juice. 

After breakfast, we actually took a walk to the market, and had a second breakfast! Lol. I love the porridge in Thailand. This is pork offal porridge. And since one of my friend don't eat certain innards, I got double the portion! Supper yummy. We also bought some food to eat along our ride back to Bangkok.



After checking out around noon time, there was no train till 2pm, and one of my friend wanted to take the aircon train back, which was sold out. So we decided to try the bus instead. Yay, got the tickets, and off we went. It was a super cute bus. It didn't cost too much, it has aircon, and it was faster than the train. The only down side was, no food vendor came up to offer to sell you stuff. So all I did was chat with my friends all the way.


Back in Bangkok, we checked into our 2nd hotel, Ibis. This was the first time I'm staying in Ibis. Again, it was quite affordable, at around 60sgd a night, so that's 30sgd a person. When we checked in, there was a mixed up in the room, where they gave us a room that has yet to be cleaned. Surprisingly, they upgraded us to a better room, a 80sgd a night room! I was more than happy! Cause that would mean I would get the river view! Which I was too cheap to booked cause why pay for a view when I'm out all day, and I could get the same view if I went down to the river side? Anyway.....


Checked out the view! We even got complimentary snacks which were not meant for us! Lol. It was meant for members only, and the member's name and welcome letter was still in the room too. But who cares, I got a room with a view! And what a lovely view overlooking the pool!


Since we couldn't eat on the bus ride back, we had a picnic in the room once we checked-in. So much food!


We also got lots of fruits!


And while sending my Thai friend off, we walked out to the main road, and had more food! There were so many food places just a short walk from the hotel! And it's pretty local too. I ordered the custard steam bread again, and a cold soya milk. But the hot soya milk was the star of the place. It was actually a China Chinese kinda store, and they serve the most comforting hot soya milk. It was so good that I went there 3 times!


This is the view from Ibis garden overlooking the river. When we take the ferry back from the other side, we can actually see the hotel from the ferry. It's about a 5 minutes walk from a local ferry pier. It's a 15mins walk or so to Icon Siam from the hotel. I would totally stay here again cause it was pretty convenient. They also provide shuttle bus services to the neared BTS station. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments