Thursday, August 15, 2024

NotSoSolo Trip Bangkok (June 2024) - Road Trip to Ayutthaya

Sorry for the 4 days gap in posting. I actually ran off to Siem Reap for a short impromptu adventure! But I am back now, and dying to post all the short trips I have done while I was away. But first, I must finish my Thailand post first. So continue on with the trip, my next stop was a road trip to Ayutthaya, the old capital of Thailand. Fun fact, I've always wanted to do a day trip to this ancient ruins, but I think most of my friends were not interested in ruins. But since this trip was initiated by me, I was gonna go there no matter what! And the reason I finally decided to go, was because of a random conversation with a friend who has been there and told me that it was beautiful. That got me thinking, why have I been putting off my dreams for others? What is stopping me now from going? And lucky me, my Thai friend was kind enough to drive me there! Yay road trip! Not only was she driving me there, she has asked a few friends to join in. And so, at 6am in the morning, she came to pick us up from the hotel. I was so touched. Because of me, 4 other beautiful ladies woke up at dawn to accompany me to the ruins! Hahaha. Talk about friendship. One of them I've never even met before!  

Driving there was fun, as I get to see a different side of Thailand besides the forever congested Bangkok. To be honest, there isn't much to see in Bangkok for me, cause I don't really shop. I love the food, but I can always find thai food outside of Bangkok at a cheaper price. So going day trip from Bangkok interest me more. And driving to Ayutthaya was awesome cause you know instantly when you are in the area because the ruins and temple are all over the town!


I mean, look at this roundabout! Can it get any more surreal than this?


My wish was to just visit Ayutthaya, and my friend's friend Bo was my our guide as she is more familiar with the place. So she decides where we are headed, and she is also the driver for us. I am fortunate for that as she knows which temple to bring us, instead of clueless me with no background research on this place. I just know I want to come here, and I was prepared to do a one day Klook trip on my own. Luckily I didn't have to. A DIY trip is always preferred by me, cause I get to explore at my own leisure. 


There was so many temples around the area that driving around town was quite a highlight by itself! I will go into details of the places we actually visited in the upcoming post. But first, here is a group photo of all of us ladies who made the trip that day. Thank you all so much for your time and company to checked off my bucket list item! From furthest from me: Bo, Aiir, Julie, KC, and Cordy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments