Wednesday, August 21, 2024

NotSoSolo Trip Bangkok (June 2024) - Ayutthaya Wat Panan Choeng

The last temple we visited was  Wat Panan Choeng, which houses a gigantic Buddha. The first temple also houses a giant Buddha, but it was closed for renovation, so I was impressed with this one instead. Look how big it is! And of course I went in to pay my respect. I love Buddhist temple, cause they are usually quite huge, and bare, and quiet, and you can sit on the floor.

Some official information of the temple.

Side view of the Buddha's knee, lol. What I was trying to capture was how huge it was, and the beautiful red and gold ceiling.


Back part of the Buddha. Even the pillars are decorated in red and gold. It felt so luxurious!


Side view again, but these time showing all the smaller buddhas and monk statue placed there. There were so many!


I just love the themed of red and gold throughout the temple!


Here is another one.


This photo here is a bit blur, but I like these simple looking statues too.


And of course you can donate to them. There was this little monk statue outside that was kinda cute.


Even if you don't have small change, as long as you have your mobile phone, you can also scan the QR code to donate! Ah, technology these days are so invasive, even into the spiritual realm. 


Slightly outside the main temple, there are white stupa with Buddhas inside which looked pretty cool too.


And it was a huge temple, with lots of halls for talks and meditation and blessings. One thing I like there, was these wooden floored corridors that leads to the halls, with their wooden colours pillars. The floor was polished till they shine! It was such a joy to walk here! 

This was the last temple we visited before we headed back to Bangkok. I was glad to have visited such a beautiful place! Sometimes I wonder why I travel to far off places to visit ruins, when there are just so much to see in Asia. I wish schools would teach us more about the Asian history, so that we can appreciate our own culture better, instead of glorifying the west. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments