Saturday, August 3, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - JP > SG by SQ


I got up early the next morning to check out. I need to be at the airport by at least 8am. It took almost an hour to get there as I needed to transfer train along the way. When I stepped out of my hotel, there were actually drunk youngsters still sleeping on the road side! That's the real Japan for you! I've seen weirder things. I've seen a drunk salary man put his face on a moving train in Tokyo once! Lol. And I've also seen one of my Japanese boss pretty drunk on one of our night out for dinner during a business trip. 


Anyway, I got to the airport safely and in a timely manner. I took a photo of the ninja decoration around the airport. It says that Nagoya is the city of ninjas! I read about some ninja towns that I could have visited but didn't. There are so many places that I could have visited, but I guess those would have to wait for the next trip....


Airport lounge access was still valid for me, my second last using my Krisflyer Gold membership. Sadly, it was a Plaza Premium lounge.... Which means the food wasn't going to be great.....


I was kinda right. There wasn't much on offer for breakfast. The only egg I could get was an onsen egg. There wasn't any western option available, and the only fibre I could find was apples. I just grab a quick snack and headed to the gate.


Luckily SQ provided a better lunch menu on the flight back! It was almost delicious! 


And to my surprise, there was even ice cream! I love you SQ. Thank you for improving after covid! If I could, I would always fly SQ. 


While I was back in Singapore (transit), I managed to went down town to have dinner with my ex-colleagues and team mates. For some reason, I really love the braised chicken in cabbage at JiaXiang. It's a very homely dish. I went for the dinner because I thought one of my colleague was leaving, and so this would be a farewell for him. But he never did leave. I think he is still there -________-  What a waste of my effort. Lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments