Friday, May 3, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Tainan Confucius Temple Part 3


This post is about all the writings on the wall! Can you read them? I sure can't! So that is why we have a detailed explanation on this post! In Chinese, English, and even Japanese! You can thank me later!


To the Chinese culture, it is almost as if chinese characters have certain power. Or that words have some significant meaning, almost auspicious standing in our life? Is it fair to say that? Even a baby's name are carefully selected after consulting some Feng Sui Master. (not for me though, my Chinese name was just given to me, not even by my parents as they both don't understand Mandarin)..... It's a long story....


So all these 4 letter words, they were all gifts from the royal palace from China, from different era, and different Emperor, to the school of Confucius, in recognising his contribution to the society in terms of education and culture. How cool is that? And they are all so well maintained too! Side story, did you know that Taiwan Museum has a better collection of China's treasure than China? That's what someone told me anyway. I have visited the museum in Taiwan, as well as the museum in Shanghai, and to that extend I do agree with the saying. I wonder if there are any significant museums in Beijing. Perhaps I can pay a visit when I eventually land there in September 2024 (target!)


Here I leave you with above, the tablet of Confucius and all the wordings found above it. And below, explanation of each plate. Happy reading! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments