Sunday, May 26, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Taipei Gondola Ride to Maokong


I was supposed to go to Yingge Ceramic Town on this day, but because the weather forecast says rainy, I decided to stay in Taipei, too tired to navigate the train stations and road to get to Yingge..... But that doesn't mean I was going to waste my day away in the hotel. At around afternoon, I decided to take a bus nearby to visit Maokong, which was an hour ride away just to reach the gondala station..... Above was a scene from the bus, running by some famous historic building... Sorry, I forgot what building it was....


I stopped at Taipei Zoo Station, and took the gondola/cable car up to Maokong. I was expecting a straight line ride up with a few stops in between like what I've experienced in my previous cable car rides in my life before, but boy was I surprised!


Here is the look at the cable car. Pretty darn cute. The price was rather reasonable too. Above looked pretty same as other cable station I've been to. They have two types of cable car, one is the normal type, the other is a transparent floor ones. The price is the same, but the transparent floor one has a longer queue. The weather was still holding up and the cable car will shop operating if the weather is bad. I didn't want to stick around for that, so I took the normal cable car up.


The ride was super long! Almost 30minutes! And it wasn't a straight line either. It was like going from valley to valley! Very stunning view! I think I was alone in the car up due to the weather. There wasn't so many tourist for the normal car.


Had a lot of dun enjoying the view and taking great shots.


I love the above, skyline shot, with the grey city below. It always reminded me of those doom day's movie. Everything was grey on the way up due to the rain cloud that was closing in on me.


Souvenir shot with Taipei 101 at the background.


And me! Happy silly having the whole care to myself! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments