Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Aichi Expo Park

 

Yay, the day came for me to visit Ghibli Park! My entrance ticket was not until 2pm, but I went to Fujigaoka Station first to check out the Aeon MaxValue store nearby. After that, I took the cat bus to Ghibli Park! Hahahaha. I wish! No, I took a separate train there, but the station where the train goes to Ghibli Park is decorated with everything Ghibli related!

It also have the map of Ghibli Park and all the attraction on it. Spoiler Alert, if you are reading this outside of Japan, do note that not all the attractions are open to you. Because for oversea visitors, you can only purchase the Ghibli Grand Warehouse ticket. For the other attractions, you need to be in Japan to buy them from Lawson. And the tickets goes on sale 3 months from the date of visit. So good luck!

Finally inside the platform waiting for the train to Ghibli Park. Isn't the pillar cute? This is how you know you are at the correct station!

So the train line is called Linimo, and it's conncted to Fujigaoka Station, but you do have to exit and enter a separate gate. After that, just take the train all the way to Aichi Expo Park, which is Ai.Chikyuhaku Kinen Koen station (L07).

When you get there, it is a super huge park! If you are walking, you will surely break your leg, and die of dehydration in the summer heat! So we are not going to the whole park. We are just going to the lunch area, and to Ghibli Park area. 

It is a beautiful place for a walk, in other weather.....


Around 15mins walk to my lunch area, which is near a pond. I took the above shot from the lunch area. 


There are a lot of facilities at the park, shops, sporting arena etc. But my favourite is this ice skating ring just adjacent to Ghibli Park entrance. I sat here while waiting for my turn to enter cause it's super cooling here! And there are seats! So, good to know! And always be ready to explore all places, even if you may feel weird doing so :P


You know you are headed to the correct direction of Ghibli Park when you see this structure, and there is a weird lift you can take to get to the ground level. I though it was pretty neat. It was pretty Ghibli World-like :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments