Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Day 3 Meals and Chisun Inn Check-In


Day 3 morning, I had to check out from the hotel and moved about 2 streets away to another hotel nearer to the station. I do this to lessen the impact of staying long term in a sucky hotel, lol. Above was my light breakfast. I love drinking milk and eating these black sugar pudding in Japan. Both are protein, so I take it that it's suitable for breakfast! I checked-out with my luggage quite early, and walked to the next hotel to deposit my luggage, before taking the train to my next attraction. 


When I came back around late afternoon, I was able to check-in to my room at Chisun Inn. Online review shows quite a low score for this place, but I actually love it. It cost around 42sgd a night here, and above was what my room looked like. Pretty cosy. It has a fridge too! 


And the usual toilet. It was pretty warm, so I did a lot of laundry here since the first hotel didn't have a bathroom attached. I let them housekeep the room on alternate days since I'm not a messy person. The housekeeping was mainly to clear the rubbish since I tend to eat my dinner in the room, and also to get fresh towels.  The only thing I didn't like about this hotel was their ice dispenser are always out of ice or spoilt. Sometimes I had to run around few levels before filling up my paper cup. 


I went to the Train Museum that day, but didn't manage to have lunch there as the cafe was always crowded with long queues due to the limited train themed lunch set they sold. It was quite a disaster there. So I tahan-ed till I was back in Nagoya Station, and bought my first sushi bento from Takashimaya. It was delicious but so expensive! 


I also found Fauchon bakery at the same place, and they have this variety set of bread and pastry for just 800Y. Of course I bought it. It was cheaper than dining in a cafe! And This would be my tea and next day's breakfast. I love Fauchon Bakery. I first had it when I was in Korea with my husband and we stumble upon it at Sin Sei Kai mall, which was kinda like Takashimaya.


After spending so much on sushi at Takashimaya, I still wasn't full. So I did some googling and found an Aeon Mall Outlet around 20minutes from my hotel. Needless to say, I walked there in the evening to check it out. Things were so much more affordable there! And they have lots of ready to eat food too. But since it was a long walk, I didn't get any fresh sushi. I got this box of tempura instead, and some flavoured beer. This one was cassis and orange. I have a fascination with cassis after hearing it in a song lyrics titled Even If by Ken Hirai. Even though I didn't understand Japanese when I first heard it, I knew it was a heart breaking song. While writing this blog, I googled the lyrics, and was surprised to finally be able to read the English translation of it.

Here, in case you need to cry a bit, enjoy the song. It's one of the most heart breaking song I love. 


Ref:
Even If (lyrics with English translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments