Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Noritake Museum


This post is just about the Noritake Museum, simply because it has so many beautiful things inside that I just wanted a separate collection of it here.


A bit about Noritake History. Please click on the photo or zoom in to read if interested. 


I think this is the first time I'm visiting a ceramic museum? Look at all those beautiful tea cups!!! I love English tea cups. Actually I love any tea cups, mainly cause I love tea :) And this display was heaven to me!


Here is a zoom in version. Look at the detail of some these tea cups! Beautiful!


There was also a wall of patterns drawn on paper. These are how they design the ceramic, by first drawing them on paper first


A zoom in version of the design. All hand drawn!


From here onwards are just some of the pieces that I find interesting and love. Above is actually a breakfast set! It consist of half boil egg holder and toast holder. Isn't it lovely? Imagine having your breakfast served with this! How elegant!


Minty green tea cup and kettle! Got to have that in my collection! The kettle is so tall that I imagine it holds black coffee instead. Oh what lovely contrast of colours that would be. I very rarely use my tea cup for coffee cause I hate staining them. Even tea stains the fine china. And I hate washing them off cause I always imagine I'm slowly chirping the ceramic away, making them thinner.... 


A Greek inspired tea pot. Hercules! Hercules!


And I love these collections from here onwards. They are so chic! So French! Imagine having cakes or macarons in these elegant plates!


These are all so beautiful. I don't even recall seeing such pretty plates in France. 


A very note worthy collection!


The colour combination was just stunning.


I was pretty happy here just looking at all these beautiful art pieces :)


There is something just so timeless, so elegant in these pieces. I'm glad I visited this place.
It was a start of many unknown discovery for me in Nagoya. I've lined up daily activities for myself, but not really knowing what to expect in each of them. Yet every one of them managed to blew me away. I've never dreamt of visiting Nagoya before. It wasn't high on my radar. The only reason I was here was because I've already visited the other cities that SQ flies to. And I wanted something safe, like a city I can explore :)  Nagoya was a good decision after all !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments