Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Ghibli Park Outside


Continuing on from the last post, above is what the mysterious lift looked like. I think when everyone first see this structure, they would think where would the lift lead to? There is only a clock tower feature above, and surely the whole park can't be there! Aha! The lift doesn't go up. I actually goes down! I think that's just a fantastic touch to the magic of Ghibli! 


So here is what the other side of the structure looked like. Amazing, right? 


And this is the entrance to the Ghibli Grand Warehouse. Super long queue. And these are all people who already have the ticketed, and allotted a dedicated timing! And Yes, I queued too. Cause it's limited time you get to be inside, and I didn't want to waste a minute of it. But before we venture inside, this post is actually on what you can find outside! Yup, even without a ticket, you can see all the below Ghibli related attractions!


Like this stone statue here that reminded me of Spirited Away. Or was it Totoro? Isn't it beautiful? It's inside a garden area just beyond Ghibli Park, and beyond the Food Truck area, up a slight slope.


Take note of this statue. You will also find a similar one, inside the warehouse :P


You can also find the House on the Hill structure at the park, just behind the stage area. But to go inside, you will need a ticket. And since I was a foreigner, I don't have a ticket :(   Oh, did I mentioned one month before coming to Nagoya, I actually scheduled myself to watch all the Ghibli anime on Netflix? FYI, you can't watch them once you are inside Japan. Anyway, I didn't manage to watch all, just most of the more cartoon ones :P


Beneath the House on the Hill, there is a tunnel with glowing jewel inside. Pretty cool! Do you know which movie this was from?


You can also find the above in one of the seats at the park. I think they are more, but I only found this one...


Here's me, on my way home after visiting the park. Interestingly, I had a great time there! At first I thought I would be bored. I read up on the park and it was mostly a photo taking studio where you can take photos of the characters. And since I was there alone, I might appear quite pathetic taking selfies on my own. But surprisingly, I had a lot of fun. And I only asked a family to help me take one photo of me with the iconic NoFace on a train scene. Love it. Carry on reading, we are going inside the warehouse in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments