Sunday, June 23, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Train Cafe at SCMaglev and Railway Park


The other thing that I really enjoyed looking at all the trains, were the restaurant or cafe cabin trains. They actually have two on display, and I just love it! Above is the sign showing the entrance to the cafeteria on a retro train. 


Look how like a real cafe it looked! With proper seatings and table!


They even have a proper menu with such a wide selection. I was quite intrigued by the menu!


Look how huge the cafeteria carriage is. Oh man, compare to this, the ETS train that I took in Malaysia have a pretty pathetic cafeteria! I do recall long time back when I was younger, KTM used to have better cafeteria carriage in the older trains. Maybe one day I'll go take the jungle train to experience that.....


They even have photos of the real deal during those time. Actual passenger dining there, with the waitress serving them! Wow! I can't imagine this. It's a bid different from the Orient Express because this wasn't a luxury train. This was just the normal class train in Japan! Wait till you see the higher class train cafeteria below! Or should I saw, restaurant?


But before we get to the restaurant, I would like to show you the kitchen first! Yes, above is the kitchen, with sink and everything!


Chef used to cooked full course meals here, none of those microwave heated up meals!


Here are some photos showing the chefs at work, with proper uniform and chef's hat too! Everything is so proper in Japan!


And here at last, we come to the restaurant menu! With prices included! 


The seating here are a bit more high end, if you can say that. Still, nothing compared to the over-the-top Orient Express. This is not luxury, but maybe just 1st class? 


Here is me again in the 'restaurant'. I would have love to have a meal here while the train was moving pass the beautiful scenery of Japan! I mean, I did had bento boxes when I took the train the limited trains in Kyushu, but that was different. This was like dining in Business Class on a flight with proper cutleries! Hahahaha. Maybe one day I'll go try a luxury train just for the experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments