Monday, June 24, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Day 4 Meals

Breakfast of my Fauchon bread and coffee milk. I recalled I got the wrong type of milk the first time. It was sweeten. I don't really like sweeten milk. So I was careful the next time I went and buy milk. I tend to drink a lot of milk in Japan cause it's fresh and cheap as compared to if I was to drink them in Singapore. Actually, most of the time when I am outside of Singapore, I love drinking milk, lol. And eat cheese too! My small joy in life. 

I was off to Ghibli Park on this day, the sole reason I landed in Nagoya! Have I wrote about it? Ghibli Park tickets are ridiculously hard to get, selling out as soon as they are open for sale. They open 3 months in advance for overseas buyer. So I told myself if I managed to get the ticket, which cost only 20+sgd I think, I would go! And I did managed to get the ticket. And that was how, I landed in Nagoya for two weeks!  Anyway, Ghibli Park is located in Aichi Expo Park, a ridiculous huge park about 45mins outside of Nagoya. I took the train there, and assuming that food is expensive at the Ghibli Park, I have researched and found a local noodle shop nearby to have lunch before I headed to the park. My entrance is timed, and I got the 2pm entrance ticket, and the park closes at 5pm....Anyway, above is the noodle shop I found after getting slightly lost. 

The noodle shop sells mainly Kishimen, which is a specialty of Nagoya. It was actually just their usual noodle but shaped like a koey teow. Since this shop mainly catered to locals, everything was in Japanese. You buy a ticket from the vending machine, and pass the ticket to the counter and they will prepare the noodles for you. As always, ice water is free.

Here is my lunch. I got the tempura prawn noodle cause I feel like splurging today! I went to collect my food when they called out my order, took my tray and headed to a window facing table. Look at the view! Beautiful garden outside Aichi Expo Park.

Here is a close up of the noodle. It was really delicious, and I finished everything, but it was also kinda light, and I guess, too healthy! At this rate, I might lose weight while I am here!

After lunch, I still have a lot of time, so I walked around the park. Above is just after Ghibli Park entrance, there was a row of food truck parked there, and seating area (without aircon) for people to enjoy the food. 


I did walk there to take a look, and I found a mobile MOS Burger truck among the food truck!


I was very tempted to buy the burger, as I saw a promotion for 450yen burger set. But after queueing nearer and reading the fine print, it seems to be for MOS Burger Members only, and I wasn't one. So I left the queue. I didn't want to pay the full price for my MOS burger, lol.


Since it was super hot, and I have a lot of time to kill, I did bought this weird ice cream from a vending machine and ate it there.  It tasted like orange juice, but in shaved ice format. It was super delicious and gone too soon in the summer heat! Love it!


After visiting Ghibli Park, I went to the Aeon Express Mall at the nearest main station and bought my dinner home from there. I got tuna rice bowl, takoyaki, and tako skewer. When I was there, the food prices was being discounted as it was almost 5pm? So yay to me! I remembered the tako skewer was super delicious and only cost 200yen (2sgd) after discount! Else I probably would not have got it. And I think the takoyaki was only like 100yen or 150yen. Super cheap!  I always enjoy my meals in Japan, whether eating out or eating in! It's one of the reason I always return there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments