Saturday, March 7, 2009

Provence Bakery and Cafe


Today I'd like to share with you one of my favourite bakery in Singapore, Proverence Bakery and Cafe, at Holland Village.

I chance upon this shop about 6 months ago while stopping for dinner at Holland Village. I wanted to grab some bun before dinner, and happen to walk into this wonderful bakery store. It was jam packed with people, and from time to time, fresh buns where being brought out, and customer were just going nuts over them. I bough my first Blueberry Cream Cheese bun from them for S$1.60 fresh out of the oven, and ate it there and then. After the first bite, I was a fan.

Holland Village is like half an island away from where I live, and I don't go there often. But whenever I am in the neighbourhood, I'll pop in to get some buns, mostly spending more then S$10 at any time.

I love this shop. It has a very homely feel to it, and the buns are really good! Smells great, taste great, and it's not too sweet or creamy. And it reminds me of those japanese bakery shop you see in cartoons or read about in books. It's just such a magical place for me! If you happen to be in Holland Village next time, do pop in to try a bun! To know what are the buns you should try, check out their website at the reference link given below.

Ref:
Proverence Bakery and Cafe

4 comments:

  1. Wow.. sounds yummy. Need to try next time i visit Singapore! I am a fan of buns and doughnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write so well. I bet $1 that your next job would be a photo-journalist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pika, call me up next time you're in Singapore, I'll bring you there myself! Holland Village has lots of great makan places as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah... photo-journalist.... what a dream job!

    ReplyDelete

Comments