Attended the UOB-HTC Incredible S workshop at Vivo GV Gold Class on 16-April-2011. How would I miss a free event invite of my favourite phone and credit card? They were giving us a 1 hour interactive workshop and a free movie!
Needless to say, it was the highlight of my week then. I was at GV by 9:30am to collect my tickets. But I guess I was expecting too much. The only thing that really wow-ed me was actually the Gold Class Cinema. Everything else could have been better. Still, I enjoyed it. Here are some highlights:
- While waiting at the lounge, peanut and drinks were served! And we got to play with the Incredible S which was extremely thin! Love it! But a bit ex, and my phone is only 1 year old, so I guess this will just have to wait
- GV Gold Class was awesome! See pix on right side. Smarties! And we got to order more drinks, popcorn and a snack (I picked nachos) and a server serving us through out the movie.
- Goodies bag were given out after the movie, and I love the HTC phone holder. (sorry no photo. I'll upload if I can later on)
- Got to know some of the features of HTC Sense in the new Incredible S running on Gingerbread.
- Although we were told to go 30 mins earlier to collect our tickets, the organizer was obviously not ready for us at 930am. We had to wait around 10-15 mins before the doors were open. Also, no clear sign to welcome us and tell us where to go, we were pretty lost.
- Some weird moments: Attending a HTC event, but before the movie start, an iPhone 4 advertisement was shown....Almost immediately the motto that "HTC took care of all the details...." kinda went out the window. As this was also a UOB joint event, we also saw a CitiBank advertisement before the movie .....hahaha, it was almost funny. You're paying your customer to watch your competitor's advertisement! Hello!
- At the end of the movie, most of us remain at our seat as we though the organizer would say a few words. After more uncomfortable silence, we got up and walk out of the cinema.The HTC staff were waiting for us and handed us our goodies bag..... And that was it.....
Still, thanks for the experience of playing with the new phone, for keeping us well fed, and the great experience of watching a movie at GV Gold Class! I'm still supporting HTC, and Android :) But it's so uncool that the HTC Sense map download is only available on the new phone. Why not make it upgradeable for the older phones as well???? Please please please?
HTC Incredible S
GV Gold Class