Sunday, March 27, 2011

Kampung Lorong Buangkok

Welcome to the last 'kampung' a.k.a little Malay village in mainland Singapore - Kampung Lorong Buangkok! Beware! Chickens crossing!
 My 2nd photo outing with Lynn and gang + 2 colleagues :) Our little group is growing bigger! And on this faithful morning, we met at 8:30am at Serangon Bus Interchange to make our way to Kampung Lorong Buangkok. From the interchange, take bus 103, and get down just infront of the Church of St Vincent, opposite a Shell Petrol Station. Just cross the road towards the petrol station, go down the stairs, and cross the small 'river' and head towards the most 'ulu'(remote) looking road. And pretty soon you'll be greeted by brightly colored kampung houses. (note that some of the houses are actually available for filming at a rental cost of SGD600 per hour!)
 It's a mixture of malay and chinese houses, and apparently a lot of 'Ang Moh' can be seen wondering around taking photo, or even shooting a film in one of the houses! The place is oozing with calm, especially when the wind is blowing in your hair in the mid morning sunlight with birds, butterflies and even dragonflies flying all around you. The picture below shows one of my favorite houses there. I especially like the bowl of marble found on a table at the garden and how the light just catches everything so well. Also love the shot of the home-made swing at the bottom right corner. Kinda reminds me of my childhood :)
Here are some odds and ends we encounter along the way. I didn't manage to get much of an authentic shot cause most of the windows and doors of the houses were closed, and people kinda shy away, probably too sick of photographer including on their private home ground.Who could blame them?
And here are some friendly folks of the kampung. I actually like the pathetic looking cat in front of a lime green house a lot but I couldn't get a good shot of it. Not to mention all the not-so-friendly dogs found in the kampung.Yes, beware of dogs!
 The shot below is my lucky shot of the day! Majestic looking isn't it?
 And lastly, I was just fascinated by this lonely chair abandon among the bushes. I took like 10 shot of it without knowing what I'm gonna do with them. And when I came home, this is what you get :)  I guess it's just one of my yellow umbrella moments. I love it!
Ref:
Kampung Lorong Buangkok
Serangon Bus Interchange
Kampung
Ang Moh

4 comments:

  1. wow.. so kool..!!

    nice blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! the route to the kampong is just what I need. Thanks cordy.

    piggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem piggy! Enjoy! And remember to share those pix!

    ReplyDelete

Comments