Thursday, October 9, 2014

Riomaggiore Hill

5-Nov-2013, Riomaggiore

After having enough of the marina, we walked up hill towards the town church. There was suppose to be a castle in the town as well. The walk up alone was pleasant enough as the view and just lovely going though all the small charming alley of the town. I'll show you more of the charming town in the next post.

The walk up shows the town from a different angle. It was almost as if we were transported instantly to a hillside resort.
And here is the town church I was talking about. You can go inside as well. It's not as grand as the one at Vernazza, but it was charming nevertheless.
 Climbing up further will bring you to a small castle that isn't really that grand. But it does look really old.
But what is near the castle was what took my breath away. There was a resting place there, with a cross over looking the sea and the coastal view. And that place just connects with me. I think I could have sat there for eternity and not get bored. Something about that very spot touches me deep inside. If I was a religious person, I would say that I had a spiritual experience there. But I to be frank, it was more of a dark and ancient feel to it as compared to a churchy holy kind of feel. I simple adore that one single spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments