Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Creme Caramel


Side track from Wakayama trip for a moment to jump to caramel making. Aren't those little bottles adorable? One of the things I like when I'm travelling is collecting unique things to bring back home that is cheap and reminds me of the places that I've been in. Best still if there are reusable, like these little beauties. These are Noboribetsu's famous milk pudding, or caramel, or custard. They cost me around 300Y each (SGD3.60).  So during Chinese New Year, I made my own.

There are really easy to make, and my Mum used to make them when I was younger. They are so ridiculously easy. All you need is one back of Caramel as per above that cost around SGD3.90 last I bought them from Giant, hot water to make the sauce, and about 3.5 cups of milk (SGD5.60 for 2 liter Meiji Milk (I use Meiji Full Cream Milk because it's creamier), but you use only maybe half of that). So total cost is around SGD6.70, which gets me two bottles in Japan, but I made like 12 at home (worth SGD43!)
So just follow the instruction from the back of the box, and voila! You have dessert. It needs one hour to cool, and put in a fridge and indulge! Each cup/bottle now reminds me of my lovely holiday in Hokkaido! If you sprinkle brown sugar on it after it hardens, and burn them with a torch, you get creme brûlée! Easy!

Ref:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments