Friday, July 12, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Aquarium Part 1 Deep Sea


Nagoya as a rather huge aquarium, hence I made an exception to visit it on my trip there. I was not disappointed. In fact, I ended up spending the whole day at Nagoya Port. For the aquarium itself, I've divided it into three notable sections. There were the usuals fishes and corals etc that one can find in most aquariums, but I wanted to only blog about those items that excites me :)  So for the very first post, it's about the deep sea creatures, and fossils included. It was the very first exhibit that I actually wandered into while waiting for the first live performance of the day, the Tuna Tornado. Will share more of that in the next post.


Perhaps what added to the excitement, was that some of these exhibit came from the Fuji Ice Breaker expedition to the Antarctica. And I was visiting the Ice Breaker it self on that day. It kinda connects the dots together, you know?


Anyway, let's start off with the deep sea creatures. It was almost like entering into another world. An alien world. In my head, there was always these image of a fish carrying a lamp in front of it. Can't say I was far off from the real creatures I found here!


Above, some alien eggs with the babies inside. It was preserved in time now. They looked like socks. I have no idea what, so I googled the Japanese name トラザメ, and it says it's CatShark!


There was also this white little fellow that came closed to my imagination of a fish carrying a lamp. Only this one looks like it got a punk hairstyle instead of a lamp.... The deep sea is so dark that colours made no sense in that world, so colour just did not exist in that realm. 


And here are the alien creatures with some official info below. I wonder did Alien the movie got it's inspiration from visiting one of the aquariums, lol. All being said, it was one of the most fascinating exhibit I've ever visited in an aquarium. To date, I've only been to the Osaka Aquarium, and now this one in Nagoya. Elsewhere, I've only been to SEA Aquarium and Underwater World in Singapore, and a small aquarium in Langkawi. I have been whale watching in Australia though! And that experience kinda beat everything else! Hahahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments