Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Sakae Window Shopping Day at Loft and Maruzen


After lunch, I decided to do some window shopping at those novelty shops I alway walk pass cause I never buy anything from them anyway. It was always too expensive even if I saw something I like. But I have a lot of time. I mean, 2 weeks in Nagoya! I practically know the city by now! And one thing about Japan store is, they always have things that make you want to buy everything! Everything is just so unique and kawaii! Even dumb stickers like the above caught my attention. Love these. Bought zero of them....


Lovely Moomin stamps. I do love them. I almost wanted to buy one. But I have so many stamps at home. It was unrealistic to even use them all. I usually only use my Totoro stamp which my husband got me from a Totoro Shop in Kyoto, and now my Miffy stamp which I got from Nagoya Maruzen Bookstore.....


Look at these beautiful mugs! So expensive too. But I guess you can use them forever? Now looking at them, I wish I've gotten them. Can you see the price? Was it around 2000Yen? Lol


Moomin stickers! I love these, but they were just too expensive. My sticker budget is usually 250yen max! And even now, I have more stickers than I can use. I love them. I use them for my journals and like to buy them as souvenirs. Especially stickers that are off the place I've been to, like Ryan and Friends stickers when I was in Korea in April 2024. 


Miffy stickers?


Miffy tiny pouch! I took these photo in the hope that one day, I will sew my Miffy pouch from all those expensive fabric I got. Damn it, I should really make them before I die. Imagine all the hopes and dream of my fabric craft, all wasted because I dropped dead..... OMG! Need to schedule some time! But I have two more upcoming trips to plan.....zzzz


The other store I spend a significant amount of my life in, was Maruzen Bookstore. A long long time ago, Singapore used to have a Maruzen Bookstore at the top floor of Takashimaya. Seeing Maruzen in Nagoya, brings back so much fond memories of my youth, browsing in the store of things I can't afford then. I was just a university student then, or maybe just newly graduated and started work with student loans and rentals to pay.... Anyway.... LOOK AT THE BOOKS! Love the selection! Japanese bookstore is heaven to me! I wish I could read more. But these picture books are good enough for me too. 


There was a selection of Nagoya recommended books. I love personalisation like these in book stores. 


They also have these magazine books with gifts inside of them. This is a giant Nissin Cup Noodle Bag :D


They even have Murakami book t-shirt! Yeah, I stood here a long time pondering my life decision. I didn't get any. I already have around 3(?) Murakami shirt from Uniqlo? Lol. The only thing I bought from Maruzen was my Miffy stamp, which cost maybe 500yen. The rest of the books I got came from BookOff now cause I am no longer working and can't afford 1st hand books! (Unless I won't a content that gave me free vouchers to spend in bookstore, which I happen to win for my Kyushu trip in April 2023)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments