Friday, July 5, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Takayama Shops


As I was saying, 2 hours is not enough time to spend in Takayama no matter how small it is! That's because there were so many charming shops I wanted to stop by, to view, to have a taste of what they have to offer! But on this trip, all I could do was take a photo and walk pass it :(  Above, a beautiful soft serve cafe. Even if I could enter all the dessert shops, how many desserts can I eat in 2 hours???? 


Above some beautiful wooden shops on the famous street


I think it's the natural colour that makes everything so calming. Brown and green, lovely. 


Most of these were shops, offering food, meals, drinks. Everything that I can't enjoy to the fullest with my limited time!


I found a nice sake shop too!


And it has sake vending machine inside. 2 hours!!!! How can I drink all these without getting drunk???? I didn't trust myself here, so I just quickly walk out of the shop.


There was a nice miso shop there where all the Japanese tourist seems to crowd over. I went in too and was handed a sample miso to try. It was super lovely, but I couldn't quite buy anything since I was not even half way into my trip! But it was interesting to see the traditional miso shop though. I'm sure my husband would have love it. 


There were also Miffy shops there. Miffy shops are always found in tourist spots. I always tell myself I will buy a souvenir from there. And every time I step in, everything is too expensive for me! Why???? I do however, spend a lot of money buying character fabrics with the aim of making something cute out of them. But at last, progress is super slow!


Outside of the fame street, nearer to the market, some retro shops can be found, triggering the Showa Era nostalgic feel. I love that era even though I was hardly born in it. It was just a nostalgic feel of things. 


Since Hida Beef was famous in Takayama, I wanted to try it. Actually the streets smells of BBQ Beef! I found a hole in a wall shop near the market at a reasonable price, if you can call 500Yen for a piece of meat reasonable. 


Here is how they are serve. I waited almost 30mins for mine and gulp it in less than a minute and rush back to the bus. What a time waster. Was it worth it? Well, I can't remember the taste of it, nor enjoying it much cause I was anxious to be back on time to the bus. I guess I shouldn't have bothered about it, cause I forgot that the lunch included in my tour (paid extra for it) was gonna be Hida Beef. See more of that beautiful meat in next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments