Monday, July 1, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Ghibli Grand Warehouse Itself


Inside the Ghibli Grand Warehouse, there is actually a section call the Warehouse. It was weird wandering into it. It just hits you like a realisation, that hey, the word Warehouse actually has a meaning here. And the door leading into it, was quite an unassuming looking one. At first you might even wonder if you've lost your way and accidentally went into a storage room. I can imagine some visitor even missing this section all together. I know I would have! Above was the entrance, and it was rather dark inside. 


It was literally a warehouse, housing figurines that was not on display, or were they? It was kinda hard to tell. But there were so many stored items here, or on display.... I was very confused here. But it was still fun. I saw Ponyo Ponyo inside, in a giant size figurine. 


There was more than one Ponyo. I remember when I first saw the film, I can't stop singing the song. It was so catchy. I wonder why there are so many Ponyo here, and who made them? What were they meant for? It was all so strange. Were they part of a theme park once? Now residing here waiting for their next assignment? Were they forgotten? So many questions! What is this place???


Above was it the weird home from Howl's Moving Castle? I did rewatch that movie before coming, and finally understand the story. Guess I was a bit young when I first saw it. Now I understand why all the girls were crazy over Howl!


And then there was this cat which appeared in two of the movie I've seen. He has a weird European name too, Baron Humbert von Gikkingen. Saw him first in The Cat's Return, and again in Whisper of the Heart. Were the stories connected? I have no idea.... Everything is like a dream to me. All Japanese stories are also surreal to me. Don't even get me started on Murakami!


More stored away items. A red plane which I assume is from Posco Rocco? And a smiling cat that looks like Cheshire from Alice in Wonderland.


Saw some dragons. At first I though it was from Spirited Away, but that movie only have one dragon. I wonder what dragons are these....


And remember the stone statue I saw outside of the park in the garden? There was also one here in the dark...  Oh well. It was fun and strange walking through the warehouse. Here's me below with the 'pekchek' cat. I'm saving the best post for last! Stay tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments