Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Maritime Museum


Posting here are not according to sequence of my visits to the attractions in Nagoya Port, but based on topics. So today is about the Observatory Deck and Maritime Museum. I've combined these two attractions as they are housed in the same building, and they are pretty small. So it didn't take me much time to complete them, especially the museum which wasn't very, erm, interesting for me. The only reason I knew what Maritime meant was because I had a penpal when I was a teenager that was in the Navy. He studied at the Maritime College. And although he was Chinese, he always talks to me in Malay when he calls me, which kinda made my mum nervous cause she thought he was Malay, lol. I always get a kick of that. Anyway, above my combi-ticket, with the view of Nagoya Port.


Here is the life information plate, telling you where to go for which attraction. 


And here are the cute mascot of Nagoya Port. I've seen the guy version before, but I didn't know they have a female version too. Why wasn't she at the port where I took my selfie???


So at the observatory, you have a 360 degree view of the port. Here are some photos of it. Above is the view looking towards the aquarium. You can see the Fuji Ice Breaker, as well as the bridge connecting them. Far to the back, you can also see the ferris wheel where the fair is.


On the quieter side of the port, it was mainly government buildings. But there was a huge garden that looked rather interesting.


Towards the sea, you can view some bridge far off, and some ships etc.


Looking towards the aquarium, you could also zoom in to see the pool where the dolphins and orcas perform! How cool is that? Could you even save money buy just watching it from here and forgo the tickets to enter the aquarium which was rather expensive? The answer, is no. Cause you can't really see the performances clearly. It's just too far away.


Back down at the Maritime museums, here are some of the exhibit that I like. The models of old sail ships.


And ships in the glass collection which looked so classic. 


And that's is all the report I have from this attraction. Here is me signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments