Saturday, July 27, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Osu Shopping Street


Surrounding Osu Temple, are a mazed of shopping streets. They are all covered, thank goodness! And with high ceiling, it was nice exploring the neighbourhood. Above is one the entrance connecting two sides of the shopping street that was separated by a road. 


Above is the view of the shopping street closer to Osu Temple.


And this was actually the humble entrance from the temple. You would not have guess how wide the network of shopping street is by just the look of this picture!


As I was rather early, most of the shops were yet to opened. Lots of cafe and snack shops can be found. One okonomiyaki shop was supper popular with the old people around, cause it was super cheap, maybe just 250yen each. But I wasn't really hungry, and it was something I could make at home, so I didn't bother. 


What I love instead, was taking photos of old retro shops found in the area.  Like this beautiful blue perfume shop with cute black cats decorated on the front.


Or this toy shop with their huge retro sign with the nostalgic characters from our childhood. Is that Mospida I saw? lol. 


There were also weird shops like the above. It says old beauty street. I wonder does it mean hair salon and manicure shops? Cause it looked like a place for that. Love the compact stairs and shops all merged into a small narrow building. 


Or this beautiful cafe front that is made of wood and looked so rustic. I love shops like these. But sadly I don't visit them often enough, cause I'm cheap. At most I would go to them for breakfast, or even lunch. But I don't just drop by for a coffee just to visit and support them. I am still on  budget and I need to stretch my money! Maybe I should lighten up a bit, and relax a little.... There is more to life than money, right?


Some mural were also spotted at the area. Above is one of sushi


And another near the temple, showing a giant god/demon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments