Sunday, July 7, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Shiragawa

 

Welcome to Shiragawa village! Above is my best shot, an ariel view of the whole village taken from a small hill platform. It was a ten to twenty minutes climb to get here, and it was the first place I headed when I entered the village. The view alone was worth it! Love it.


Our tour guide kept reminding us on the bus to look for this three houses above. Apparently this is the famous photo used to promote and advertise the village. So when people see this view, they instantly know that this is Shiragawa. It was afternoon by that time, and the clouds were beginning to gather, so no blue skies to accompany my photo :( And to be honest, I didn't find this view very memorable. 


There was, however, some sunflowers being planted in front of these houses, and I thought those were beautiful. They added a touch of colour to the scene, so I did love this shot above :)


It was hard to take a bad photo in Shiragawa. Everywhere you look, it was beautiful and clean. It must felt like heaven living in this beautiful village. I wonder how the villagers felt. They must have so much pride in their village to keep it this beautiful. 


Here is a nice shot of their traditional houses among the paddy fields, with blue skies and mountains behind. This could be a postcard!


Or this shot of a house in a picture full of greens! Paddy field in front, and dark green forest behind. The colour of the place was just popping!


Further inside the village, there are some houses on slopes with ponds in front. Just like a country cottage.


And the drain water was crystal clear with fishes swimming inside. 


On my way back after wandering around the village, I overshot a turning and ended up at the shrine of the village. Perhaps it was fated that I arrived here. And since I was here, of course I went inside to pay my respect before finding my way back to the right path.


Exploring the grounds of the shrine was always the highlight of my every trip to Japan. I just love the spirituality that surrounds the place. It just made me feel so peaceful, so in touch with nature and everything that surrounds it. It felt so ancient, so mystical, so spiritual.


I could also find my 'small ghost' friend in random places. I stopped at a shop and bought my replacement companion to bring home with me. I hope she brings me good luck, protection and many many more visit back to her home country :)


Here is a selfie of me. I'm more camera friendly now and tend to take a souvenir shot of me and the places I've been to for keep sake. 


Crossing back over to the river to get to the bus. I was however, rather early.


So I decided to splurge on a can of Calpis Melon Cream Soda! It was the best soda I had! Mainly cause I was thirsty and have been walking for hours in the open. The climb up the hill also contributed to my thirst. And the ice cold drink from the vending machine did just the trick to make everything cooling again. I gave thank to those insane vending machine company in Japan who put these machines everywhere, even in remote places, so that people like me can have a can of ice cold soda drink. Ah, heaven!


Nothing remarkable to blog about on our way home. I wasn't very hungry, so I only had some fruits and natto rolls for dinner, washed down with some wine soda which I adore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments