Thursday, July 11, 2024

Solo Trip Nagoya (August 2023) - Fuji Ice Breaker Part 2 & Lunch

The other reason I have split the post of Fuji Ice Breaker into two was so that I can have one dedicated to the living quarters of the crews and researchers on board. Above you can see, is the room for the researchers and expedition members. 


It was bunk bed, which kinda looked crowded. And everything else in the room was shared, the sink, the tables, the mirrors etc. I guess it could be kinda claustrophobic? But then again, they could also be spending most of their time out in the ice landscape of Antarctica doing research most of the time, and only come here to sleep? Wow, imagine the snoring! Lol.


Here is another different set up, for the researchers? Maybe of higher rank since it's two to a cabin?


I mean, it even has a sofa and places to hang their clothes, proper desk and chairs etc.


Here are for some of the higher ranking crews. 


It still isn't as bad. I also have a photo of the actual lower rank crews, but I decided not to post it here :P
So in summary, I really enjoyed visiting the Fuji Ice Breaker. At the top deck, there was actually a visual 3D area where you can stand there and imagine that you were on the ship as it sailed along the Antarctica. I stood there and was simply amazed by it. I'm not a fan of snow or ice. But it would be so cool to visit the Artic or Antarctic, don't you think so too?


It is amazing I had any time for lunch at all! It was almost maybe 3pm or 4pm before I wander into a food court to look for something to eat. Since I have time before the second act of the aquarium show, I decided to treat myself cause I was famine by now. I was snacking through out the day on left over canele and japanese rice cracker to kept my hunger at bay. 


Here is my very satisfying lunch! Hamburg Steak Rice. The guy asked if I wanted to make it into a meal by adding a drink. I said ok. He asked what drinks would I like. I looked at the menu and ordered a Calpis Soda. (calpis, not cow piss). All the exchange was done in Japanese. I felt so proud of myself when I can get by with just Japanese. I think at this point, I have spend almost a week in Japan by then. I hope my language fatigue won't start the following week. I've booked a nicer hotel for my 2nd half of the stay cause I knew I would needed something to look forward to, some where nice to relax and calm my nerves. Will tell you move about it when the time comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments