Monday, May 19, 2008

Quotes

I like collecting quotes. Its interesting how very few words piece together can make more sense then your nagging parents, and help you face the problem you have to face day in day out.

One of the very first quote that anyone has ever shared with me was this: "Action is the antidote to despair" by Joan Baez (I only found out who the author is today when I google it). At 14 then, I have no idea what the quote meant, and even need to consult with my English teacher Ms Wee for the meaning. Even then, I have no idea what it meant. But now, I do. And a simple line like that has helped me overcome my many despair in life. So thanks a million to the person who gave me that quote :)

Besides sharing with you one of my favourite quotes, I'd also like to share with you my favourite website for quotes Generation Terrorists. This site is run by Jason Quek, a Singaporean, whose site has gone international and has quotes from wise people, to movies, to tv programs, newspaper articles etc etc. Check out the forum there as well as people debate about life and everything else under the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments