Thursday, May 8, 2008

Taroko Gorge 太魯閣國家公園 - Final Post


What can I say? I love Taroko! And I promise, this will be my last post on it. Photo on the right shows hill side Lyushui Trails, only 2km, 40 minutes hike around the hills. Before there were highways of Taroko, the Japanese build these path for transportation. These are the original, and hiking thru them kinda give me The Bridge on the River Kwai kinda feeling. If you've seen that movie, you will know what I mean. There were many hanging bridges all over Taroko as well.


We also visit Tunnel of Nine Turns (九曲洞), 2km 30 mins walk, and Swallow's Grotto (燕子口) 1.3km, 50mins walk. It was literally like walking in a Chinese paintingm what with the mountains, the caves, the waters, and the occational swallow flying by! Very serene!


Unfortunately, my humble shoe died on me while I was walking thru Swallow Grotto. I though it was only fitting that I took this picture here, in memory of my shoe. It was disposed off at a famous Huelien Beach 7-Star Beach (七星). The boots actually only cost S$10, but I love it all the same as it has accompanied me thru many hikes in China, Melbourne, and Taiwan. May it RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments