Sunday, May 23, 2010

Egg Benedict Breakfast


Looks like weekend breakfast would be a regular post in the Midnight blog from now onwards! And on this weekend's breakfast menu is Egg Benedict! The very first Egg Benedict that I tried was just slightly over 6 months ago at 1-Caramel when the Woman's Weekly magazine had a 1-for-1 promotion on its breakfast. A set of Egg Benedict breakfast cost about S$15! But it came with Parma ham and the loveliest Hollandaise sauce I've ever tasted! Ever since then, my hubby has been trying to make Egg Benedict for me for breakfast. The picture above is the attempt number 2 or 3 from him.

And here is the picture of my very first Egg Benedict I made myself! Ladies and gentlemen, my very first poached egg! I'm so proud now I feel tears swelling in my eyes! Hahaha. For those who want to try this, cooking instructions attached :)

Cooking Instruction:
1. Bring 2 to 3 inches of water to a slow simmer (means small bubble coming out, but not overly boiling) in a shallow pan.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar (not mandatory, but it helps somehow)
3. Break an egg into a shallow cup or bowl, and slowly slide the egg into the pan.
4. Cooked between 5 - 10 minutes, and drain the egg dry.
5. On a piece of rye bread, place a slice of parma ham or smoke salmon, top with one poached egg, and cover with hollandaise sauce (you can buy them ready made from Master Food, click here.

Ref:
Egg Benedict
1-Caramel
Parma Ham
Hollandaise sauce
Poached Egg
Master Food (I love their sauces!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments