Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls!

The wonderful thing about coming home early from work is having the whole house to myself to experiment with. And 9 little cinnamon rolls where born from my little Zoji!
The recipe and method of making it looked intimidating enough, but cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite food, how could I not at least gave it a try?


It took 1 hour and 45 minutes in the machine for kneading, and a further 30 to 40 minutes to let it rise after shaping it into rolls. The dough was soft and firm and lovely to touch and lovely to smell! Finally a 20 minute in the oven, and voila! Beautiful, soft, and hot cinnamon rolls! And the best part of it is, I can put in tonnes of cinnamon and raisin as I like. And it taste so lovely!

Ingredient for the rolls: Bread flour, sugar, salt, butter, milk, egg, active dry yeast. Fillings: brown cane sugar, cinnamon powder, and raisins.
Now all I need to learn is to make vanilla sauce to go with these lovely bun!

I smell apple cinnamon rolls coming up in the near future! Watching flour turn to dough turn to bread is like a little miracle, and now I can watch a miracle happen daily in my very own home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments