Sunday, December 25, 2011

Dalí: Enter the Mind of a Genius @ ArtScience Museum Singapore 2011

I stumbled upon the Dali exhibition by accident as the Van Gogh Alive Exhibition was also being held at the same place. I have seen Dali's art before in Singapore once and I like it because of the elephant bronze sculpture that reminded me of the elephants in Discworld. And since his art is mostly fantasy like, he kinda grew on me. But after going to this exhibition, I begin to like his paintings as well!

To start with, some paintings/sketching which I was rather fond off from Dali to share.Do click the image to view in more detail. For this blog entry, I chose not to show any of Dali's famous sculpture as there are already plenty on the internet. I'm gonna share with you some sayings from Dali instead:

"The only difference between Surrealism and myself is that I am Surrealism."

"The surrealist object is impractical; it serves for nothing but to make men move, to exhaust them, to cretinize them. The surrealist object is made uniquely for the honour of the thought."

"Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings."

"There is less madness to my method than there is method to my madness."

And just for interest to my humanist friends, here's Dali's religious orientation:


And before I leave, a last picture and saying for you....
Ref:
Surrealism
Dali Art Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments