Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dreams & Reality Exhibition @ National Museum of Singapore

I love decorating my blog with paintings! Every time I visit my blog, I feel like I'm visiting an Art Gallery! And since the past few blog entry has been on art, I though I'll continue on since I recently attended the National Museum of Singapore's Christmas Open House where the Dreams & Reality Exhibition was on from 26-Oct-2011 till 5-Feb-2012. If you missed it, I'm sure there will be more Open House coming up on New Year's Day and Chinese New Year!
Anyway, the only reason I went to this exhibition was because 1) its from Paris, and I never did get to visit this museum when I was there, and 2) Original piece of Van Gogh's Starry Starry Night was in it :)  Need I say more?
We arrive early, around 11am? Maybe 12? No queue, and not much people. I was expecting just a few paintings, but there were about 4 halls of paintings in total. Lots of famous paintings from the likes of Renoir,and Gauguin and lots of people I don't know but who drew really really well! Haha. Here are some sample. Luckily photography was allowed (but with no flash of course). Do excuse the quality of the picture. I only had my mobile phone with me.
Some wise sayings on the walls on stuff....
But actually, the only thing I really wanted to see was this painting, and I'm happy to say that it is one of the most beautiful paintings I've ever seen! And yes, it can move one to tears! And I'm amazed at how it still remain it's beauty after so many years! Do they do touch up or something? It was just gorgeous! 
At last, another item strike off my bucket list :)

Ref:
Musée d'Orsay Paris
Van Gogh Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments